Skittles Vodka is a vibrant and fruity concoction that has gained popularity for its delightful fusion of the classic drink and the iconic candy. Not only is it a party pleaser, but it also makes for a fantastic do-it-yourself project and a unique gift idea. In this comprehensive guide, we'll walk you through the steps to make your very own Skittles Vodka in a flash!
Best Budget Vodkas Ranked
How To Make Skittles Vodka Fast Table of Contents
Gathering Your Ingredients and Equipment
To create this candy-infused vodka, you will need the following:
- Vodka: one 750ml bottle or more, depending on the desired quantity. Opt for a mid-range quality vodka as the Skittles' flavor will mask any subtle tastes of the vodka.
- Skittles: A large bag or several small bags in the original flavor. The amount can vary based on your flavor intensity preference.
- 5 empty bottles or jars with lids: These will be used to separate and store the Skittles vodka flavors.
- Funnel: For the smooth pouring of the vodka into the bottles.
- Coffee filters or cheesecloth: For separating any remaining candy residue.
Separating the Skittles by Flavor
Start by organizing your candy. Divide your Skittles by color/flavor into separate bowls or piles. Keep in mind that the more Skittles you use, the stronger the flavor will be. A general rule of thumb is to use at least 40 Skittles for every 8-ounce serving of vodka, but feel free to adjust to your personal taste.
Infusing the Vodka
Follow these steps to create your Skittles-flavored vodka:
- Divide your vodka evenly among the five bottles or jars. Slightly less than half in each container should suffice if you started with a 750ml bottle.
- Using your funnel, add the corresponding Skittles color to each container. Add more Skittles for a stronger flavor or less for a subtler hint.
- Seal each container securely and shake vigorously until the Skittles have dissolved. This could take a few minutes and may require intermittently shaking over a couple of hours.
- Once the Skittles have dissolved, your vodka may appear cloudy and contain some undissolved residue. To remove this, place a coffee filter or cheesecloth over the funnel and strain the vodka into a clean container. If necessary, filter the vodka again for a clearer final product.
- Seal your infused vodka in airtight containers, such as jars or empty liquor bottles, and store it in the refrigerator or freezer.
How To Make Skittles Vodka Fast Example:
Imagine hosting a house party or gathering with your friends and surprising them with your homemade Skittles Vodka. You've followed the steps above, and your vodka has infused into delightful shades of red, orange, yellow, green, and purple. As you display the bottles on the table, their colorful contents quickly become a topic of conversation. Your guests enjoy the refreshing burst of fruity vodka poured over ice or mixed into their favorite cocktail!
Now that you know how to make Skittles Vodka fast, it's time to dazzle your friends and family with this unique and exciting creation. Whether you're hosting a gathering, gifting your work of art, or indulging in a solo treat, Skittles Vodka is a fun and easy way to enjoy the classic combination of candy and spirits! Don't forget to explore the other incredible vodka guides on Vodka Doctors to enhance your love for all things vodka. Feel free to share your Skittles Vodka experience by sharing this article and spreading the joy of this colorful concoction!