Have you ever tried a Shirley Temple, the classic non-alcoholic cocktail loved by both kids and adults alike? Imagine combining this beloved drink with a splash of vodka, giving it an adult twist and taking the flavor to a whole new level. In this article, we will explore the Shirley Temple with vodka, its unique name, how to make it, and variations of this delightful cocktail. So sit back, pour yourself a drink, and join us on a journey to discover the grown-up world of Shirley Temples.
Best Budget Vodkas Ranked
What Is A Shirley Temple With Vodka Called Table of Contents
Introducing: The Dirty Shirley
The classic Shirley Temple is a non-alcoholic mocktail typically made with ginger ale, grenadine, and garnished with a maraschino cherry. When you add vodka to this sweet and bubbly mixture, you get a cocktail called the Dirty Shirley - also known as the Shirley Temple Black or Adult Shirley Temple. The name Dirty Shirley is a playful nod to its alcoholic content and ties to the classic innocence embodied by the original drink.
How to Make a Dirty Shirley
It's quite simple to whip up a Dirty Shirley at home with just a few ingredients. Here's a quick and easy recipe to follow:
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 4 oz ginger ale or lemon-lime soda
- 0.5 oz grenadine
- Maraschino cherry and lemon or lime wedge (for garnish)
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour the vodka over the ice.
- Add the ginger ale or lemon-lime soda.
- Drizzle the grenadine over the top, allowing it to sink to the bottom of the glass.
- Stir gently to combine the ingredients.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry and a lemon or lime wedge, if desired.
- Enjoy your delicious Dirty Shirley!
Variations and Additions
One of the best things about cocktails is the ability to experiment with different flavors and unique combinations. Here are some fun variations and additions you can try to personalize your Dirty Shirley:
- Sprite or 7-Up: If you prefer a more citrusy taste, try using Sprite or 7-Up instead of ginger ale.
- Orange Juice: Add a splash of orange juice for a fruity twist on the classic recipe.
- Lime Juice: Squeeze in some fresh lime juice for a tangy zing.
- Cherry Vodka: Instead of regular vodka, try using cherry-flavored vodka for an extra cherry kick.
- Rum: If you're not a fan of vodka, swap it out for rum to create a slightly different flavor profile.
What Is A Shirley Temple With Vodka Called Example:
Caption: A Dirty Shirley cocktail garnished with a cherry and a lime wedge.
Now that you've learned all about the Dirty Shirley, it's time to try it out for yourself! Invite your friends over for an evening of delicious cocktails, or simply enjoy it while relaxing at home. You can even create your own unique twist on the drink by experimenting with different ingredients. Be sure to explore other vodka guides and cocktail recipes on Vodka Doctors, and share this article to spread the joy of the wonderfully versatile Dirty Shirley. Cheers!