If you're a fan of vodka and cherries, then buckle up because we have a delightfully boozy treat for you! Vodka cherries are a scrumptious and versatile addition to your liquor cabinet, and they couldn't be simpler to make. In this guide, we'll delve into the process of making vodka cherries and share some mouth-watering tips for serving them. So grab your favorite vodka, some juicy cherries, and get ready for a tantalizing taste adventure!
Best Budget Vodkas Ranked
How To Make Vodka Cherries Table of Contents
What are Vodka Cherries?
Vodka cherries are essentially cherries that have been infused with vodka, allowing them to absorb the flavors and alcohol content of the spirit. This infusion process results in an adult treat with a kick, perfect for indulging your sweet tooth while also enjoying the taste of your favorite vodka. And the best part is, vodka cherries can be used in a variety of ways such as cocktail garnishes, dessert toppings, or even as a boozy snack on their own.
Choosing the Right Ingredients
To achieve the perfect vodka-cherries, you need to start with the right ingredients. Let's breakdown what you need:
- Choose fresh, ripe cherries that are firm and free of bruises or blemishes.
- While sweet cherries, such as Bing or Rainier, are ideal due to their natural sweetness and vibrant color, you can also experiment with tart cherries for a more tangy flavor profile.
- Select a high-quality vodka that fits your personal taste preferences. While a neutral vodka will allow the cherries to shine, you may also opt for flavored varieties to add a unique twist.
- Keep in mind that higher proof vodka will result in a stronger infusion, so choose accordingly based on your desired potency.
3. Optional Additions
Though not necessary, you may want to experiment by adding some additional flavors to your vodka cherries. Some options include:
- Vanilla beans or extract
- Citrus zest (lemon, orange, or lime)
- Herbs (basil, mint, or rosemary)
- Spices (cinnamon sticks, cloves, or star anise)
Preparing the Cherries
Before you start the infusion process, ensure your cherries are cleaned and prepped:
- Wash the cherries thoroughly under cold water.
- Remove the stems, and if desired, pit the cherries. Though pitting can be a bit tedious, it can make consuming the final product more enjoyable.
- If leaving the pits, make a small slit in each cherry to help the vodka penetrate better.
Creating the Vodka Cherries
With your ingredients ready, it's time to make vodka cherries!
- In a clean, airtight container (such as a mason jar), place the prepped cherries.
- Add any desired additional flavorings, such as vanilla beans or citrus zest.
- Pour vodka over the cherries, ensuring they are completely submerged.
- Seal the container and give it a gentle shake to mix everything.
- Store the container in a cool, dark place for a minimum of one week, shaking it occasionally to ensure even infusion. The longer they sit, the stronger the flavor, so feel free to experiment with the infusion time!
- After the desired infusion period, strain the vodka cherries through a fine-mesh sieve, reserving the liquid if you'd like for another use.
- Keep your vodka cherries in an airtight container, refrigerated, and enjoy within a month.
How To Make Vodka Cherries Example:
The Classic Vodka Cherry Garnish: Add a vodka cherry (or two) to your favorite cocktail for an elegant and tasty twist. Try them in a classic martini, a Moscow mule, or even a refreshing glass of sparkling water!
And there you have it - the ins and outs of making your very own vodka cherries! Whether you use them as elegant garnishes, festive dessert toppers, or simply enjoy them as a boozy snack, these delightful treats are sure to be a hit. Don't forget to share this guide with your fellow vodka enthusiasts and explore the other fantastic resources available on Vodka Doctors. Happy infusing!