Welcome to Vodka Doctors, where we consider ourselves experts in all things vodka! Today, we're sharing with you a delicious, versatile and easy-to-make vodka cream sauce recipe that you'll want to try right away. Vodka cream sauce is a rich and decadent addition to pasta dishes, chicken, or seafood, adding a unique taste that'll impress your guests. So, without further ado, let's dive into the world of vodka cream sauce and elevate your culinary skills.
Best Budget Vodkas Ranked
Ingredients You'll Need
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup vodka (80 proof recommended)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated for serving (optional)
- Fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped for garnish (optional)
Instructions: Step by Step Guide
- Melt the butter: In a large skillet or saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Be careful not to let the butter brown, as this will affect the overall taste of the sauce.
- Sauté the vegetables: Once the butter is melted, add the finely chopped onion and minced garlic to the skillet, and sauté until they are soft and translucent. This should take around 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vodka: Carefully pour the vodka into the skillet with the sautéed vegetables. Turn up the heat, letting the vodka mixture bubble and cook for about 5 minutes. This is an important step, as the heat will cook off the harsh alcohol taste and leave a gentle vodka flavor in the sauce. Be cautious while doing this, as the fumes can be quite strong.
- Reduce heat and add cream: Once the vodka has cooked down, reduce the heat to low and stir in the heavy cream. Allow this mixture to gently simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes: Slowly stir in the crushed tomatoes and mix well, ensuring that the cream and vodka blend together with the tomatoes. Season the sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Let the sauce simmer: Allow the sauce to simmer, uncovered, on low heat for about 20-30 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent the sauce from sticking to the skillet. This cooking time allows the flavors to meld together and create a rich, silky vodka cream sauce.
- Prepare your dish: While the sauce simmers, prepare your dish of choice – cook pasta, grill chicken or sear shrimp. Once ready, gently pour the sauce over your dish and toss or stir to fully coat it. Ensure the sauce is evenly distributed for maximum flavor.
- Serve and enjoy: Dish out your presentation on plates, garnishing it with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves if desired. Enjoy your delightful vodka cream sauce dish!
How To Make Vodka Cream Sauce Example:
And there you have it – a simple yet delightful vodka cream sauce recipe to impress your friends and family. The creamy texture and unique hint of vodka make it an exquisite addition to various dishes, making it a versatile sauce to have in your cooking arsenal. If you enjoyed this recipe, then make sure to explore other guides on Vodka Doctors, where we offer endless inspiration for vodka enthusiasts! Don't forget to share this article with others who might enjoy it, and happy cooking!