Vodka, hailed as the chameleon of the spirits, can be mixed with pretty much any other drink, thanks to its neutral taste. In fact, the versatility of vodka has made it one of the most popular and recommended liquors for cocktails. So, if you're pondering the question "What drink goes with vodka?", look no further – we've got the answer right here. Read on for a comprehensive guide to the best vodka pairings and awe-inspiring cocktails that will make you the star of your next gathering.
Best Budget Vodkas Ranked
There's a reason these mixers have stood the test of time when it comes to vodka cocktails. Beloved by vodka aficionados and casual drinkers alike, these timeless combinations are a must-try for any aficionado.
- Classic combo: Screwdriver – mix vodka with orange juice and serve over ice
- Advanced twist: add a splash of grenadine to create a Sunrise
- Classic combo: Cape Codder – mix vodka with cranberry juice and serve over ice
- Advanced twist: mix with orange juice as well for a Madras
- Classic combo: Moscow Mule – mix vodka with ginger beer, lime juice, and serve in a copper mug
- Advanced twist: add mint leaves and cucumber for a refreshing Garden Mule
Beyond the classic mixers, there are plenty of contemporary combinations that show off the endless versatility of vodka. Some of these include:
- A refreshing and hydrating option for a vodka cocktail
- Add a splash of pineapple juice for a tropical twist
- Provides a sweet, floral taste to vodka-based cocktails
- Mix vodka, elderflower liqueur, and lemon juice for a delicate and elegant cocktail
Cold Brew Coffee
- A bold choice that adds depth and richness to your vodka concoctions
- Try an Espresso Martini made with vodka, cold brew coffee, and coffee liqueur
Infusing vodka with flavors is an excellent way to take your cocktail game up a notch. A few popular vodka infusions include:
- Citrus, berries, and tropical fruits are excellent choices for infusion
- These infused vodkas pair well with soda water, tonic, or lemonade for a light and refreshing cocktail
- Rosemary, basil, and mint add a fresh and aromatic touch to vodka cocktails
- Mix with fresh fruit juices or sodas for a well-rounded, garden-fresh libation
- Create a spicy kick with jalapeños, horseradish, or black pepper
- These bold infusions pair well with tomato juice for a fiery Bloody Mary
What Drink Goes With Vodka Example:
A great example of a modern vodka cocktail is the Elderflower Collins, which combines the following ingredients:
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 1 oz elderflower liqueur
- 0.5 oz lemon juice
- Club soda
- Lemon wedge and mint leaves for garnish
To make the Elderflower Collins, simply mix the vodka, elderflower liqueur, and lemon juice in a shaker with ice, then strain into a Collins glass filled with ice. Top off with club soda and garnish with a lemon wedge and mint leaves. This delightful cocktail not only showcases vodka's versatility, but also highlights the unique flavors of elderflower liqueur.
Vodka's incredible adaptability makes it the perfect base for a myriad of enticing cocktails. Now that you've explored the various mixers and infusions that blend seamlessly with vodka, you're well on your way to becoming a master mixer yourself. So, don't hesitate to share this article with your fellow vodka enthusiasts, and be sure to explore the other informative Vodka Doctors guides on different vodka brands and cocktails.